Monday 26 October 2015

Back to Jai Mahal Palace.

I havent really said much about where we are staying. Heres a picture.

It has a pool, gym, tennis court - everything.  The staff here are amazing.  They know what I like to drink and eat and my name.

We had a day in the office away from the hotel where dad works with his group. I spent the morning in Prya's office reading my book and she wants to bake me a cake.  It's her hobby.  Prya is the general manager.
Then we had lunch and I ate some Indian food that wasnt spicey and there were big blocks of cheese in it.
Then after lunch me and prya didnt feel it but everyone else felt the earthquake.  Indians dont know how to handle an earhtquake!  They just ran out through all the glass doors.  You are meant to sit under the desk and wait before you run out.  But everyone was running out through the glass offices to the street where the power lines were.
The earthquake hit in Afghanistan and thats all of New Zealand away and we were on the very edge and it was huge for us.  When we went backk in the building I went and read my book.

This was in the papers:
More than 260 people have died, mostly in Pakistan, after a magnitude-7.5 earthquake hit north-eastern Afghanistan.
Tremors from the quake were also felt in northern India and Tajikistan.
At least 12 of the victims were Afghan schoolgirls killed in a crush as they tried to get out of their building.
The earthquake was centred in the mountainous Hindu Kush region, 76km (45 miles) south of Faizabad, the US Geological Survey reported.
The death toll is set to rise as the most severely affected areas are very remote and communications have been cut off.

After we got back to the hotel I had my palm read. Apparently this is my life:

Independant, optimistic good communicator adventurous romantic swimmer clever emotional professional.  Would be good in marketing sales banking it tradeand after 33 everything will be successfull.  Apparently i will only have one boyfriend and he will be the one!   (Mum says He is saying that because he is indian and that is the way for indian women.  She thinks I will have 20).

No comments:

Post a Comment